Photographs by Mike Williams
Welcome to the Monyash Website.
This site contains pages of information about our village; b&b and holiday cottage accommodation, weather forecasts, maps and directions, parish council minutes, local amenities and events, the village's history, and lots more ....
Please explore our site by using the links at the top of the page.
If you can't find any information which you think might be useful, or if you think we have missed something out, please e-mail us by clicking on the envelope at the top right of your screen. We will be pleased to read your suggestions.
• DDDC has a daily bins update webpage here, which, on 1st April, includes an update about food waste biodegradable bags. More info on our Local News page.
• In The Time Of Quiet…
“No one’s told the daffodils about the pause to Spring”
Read Calder Valley poet Philippa Atkin’s poem in full here.
• Two virtual Monyash groups have been set up on WhatsApp. More info on our Local News page.
• Monyash’s response to the coronavirus is featured in a short interview on BBC Radio Derby. It’s 1hr 49mins into the programme here.
• Village volunteers are offering help in the light of coronavirus. Details in this leaflet.
• The mobile library service has been suspended.
• In line with the rest of the country, our pub and café are closed. Check in with their Facebook pages for their latest news.
Visit our News page for more details.